Monday, March 1, 2010

St. David's Day, St. Stephen and Jonah


What do these three things have in common? In most circles they have nothing to do with each other (unless you can prove me wrong). In my world it's what's shouting at me today.
First, on Facebook a friend of mine posted that it's St. David's day. Did I read the post? Nope. She posted from wikipedia and I can't read that website. Infact, for some reason I have major issues reading most things off of the computer screen (and I want an e-reader...). I think it's because of all of the extra jargon thrown in on websites. Wiki, for example, is filled with blue links, and side bars, and it is far too jumpy for me. The more crap on the page the less I can read it. ANYWAY, I have a Butler's here on my desk so I think I will explore St. David today (being that my son is David, though his name inspiration came from the OT David).
I almost grabbed my Butler's to look for inspiration for a Blog post when The Bible jumped into my hands instead. This edition is not my well used on and only has one holy card in it, which happens to be St. Stephen. And St. Stephen is sitting in Jonah.
SO I opened the Bible and landed on this:
Out of my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me; From the midst of the nether world I cried for help, and you heard my voice.
Hi God, how are you?
Sounds like your hearing me. Thanks for that.

To be honest... I am not feeling true distress. or maybe I am and just don't realize it. It's this whole selling the house thing.. It's getting to me already. Tomorrow will make 1 month that we've been on the market. We have had quite a few showings but no offers. I really want to get this done. I really want this house to be sold. I want to move on from here. I want the next house. I want the next chapter. I want to think about going back to work (which I won't do until after moving). I want to move on and I am feeling a bit stuck.
Last night I was looking at paint colors to paint the kitchen. I don't want to do it. Not because I like the current colors. I hate what I did to the kitchen. It's bright orange and yellow (which apparently is getting trendy?). I just don't want to put forth such a huge effort on a place I am trying to leave. And just what if I spend hours painting and someone buys the house and then repaints it anyway! How frustrating! Really, I don't want to do all this work for someone else to enjoy (or not).
And in the spirit of honesty, i don't want to take on this huge project by myself. Paul is not much of a painter, and I don't have anyone that I can ask to help. And really I need help in two places. 1. someone to take the kids and 2 someone to help with the painting. My kitchen is hugeish. There are lots of cabinets. Lot's of cleaning, sanding, priming, and painting. I'm burned out just thinking of it.
It's just too much. I really just need someone to go ahead and make an offer on the house before I start this painful process of painting...
So maybe I am stressed. God hears me... But I think I need to hear Him and let Him guide me on the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. i know exactly what you are feeling right now and going through. it's a tough place and definitely stressful. we didn't have a home to sell, but had two contracts of sale fall through before we got the house we are in now. the whole process drug on for a year and a half and was like an emotional (and very frustrating) rollercoster ride. it's like being in "limbo." you don't want to do any investments in the home you're in because you leaving, but you can't move forward. you're stuck and you don't know how long you going to be "stuck."
    all i can say is to preserve, your house won't be on the market forever. it will sell. you will move on and find your new house and it will all be worth it. as for the painting/improvements, talk to your realtor(s) and get their recommendations. i'll pray for your house search!

    ReplyDelete