Saturday, June 26, 2010

A week later and I'm still buried.

Well we made it.
We lived through our first full week in our new house. I can vouch for the whole house in saying that we are all so happy with the changes.
So far I have taken very few pictures. I am not a huge picture taker to begin with and as busy as I have been i haven't been near my camera. It's kinda lucky that I actually know were it is right now.
It has been a whirlwind of activity and really non-stop for the last two weeks. First, the packing up of the old place, then the moving, and now the unpacking.
I wanted to attack one room at a time but with six people living here we have been all over the place getting things done as we can.
Night 1 I did manage to get the essentials into bathrooms so that they could be functional. Day 2 the kids came home from their stay at grandparents house. By that night we had mattresses in rooms and some beds put together.
The first week we managed to get a lot done. I spent a great deal of energy in the kitchen unearthing as much as I could muster. Dishes, cups, napkins, cookware. After several days of eating out I wanted home cooked as fast as possible. By the end of the weekend we managed to get all of the beds put together and all but one piece of bedroom furniture where it belongs.
Being the techno people that we are the tv was set up by the end of our 3rd day here and the computer was up and running by the weekend.
This is our second weekend here, and we are just trudging through. Emptying one box at a time. Doing the best to get organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment