Monday, March 21, 2011

and while on the subject of love.

So I told you why I chose Barnes and Noble over Amazon when it comes to e-readers, now I will tell you why I love Amazon. Amazon is a great company and I have to say they treat their customers right.
Back in February I noticed a small scratch on my iphone screen and I panicked. At the same time Paul's phone cover was breaking down. We already had to replace our phones once because one was dropped and the glass shattered (after two years of use). I decided that we needed to spend more money on better covers because we cannot replace our phones anytime soon.
They are expensive phones and well worth the investment but we need to make them last as long as possible. I decided to get us otter boxes, they are by far the strongest covers that I have found. I chose for both of us the commuter series which is thinner then the original defenders. Mine is red, and Paul's is black (like you care).
Anywho I ordered them at the end of February and they were supposed to arrive the first week of March. They didn't. I let two weeks go by and after checking my order status several million times I determined that they were lost in the mail.
I emailed Amazon and told them my sad little story. And here's where Amazon wins my heart. I got a response within 10 minutes. Essentially the apologized for my item being lost in the mail, they would resend it at no cost to me and upgrade my shipping. My new phone covers arrived by the end of the week.

Now for the phone cover review:
The otter boxes are nice. They are sturdy covers. My only complaint is the screen protector. There was a tab on the front of the protector so you would know how to install it. The tab did not peel off properly and left a sticky residue in the corner. We may have to go and buy new protectors. Paul's looks better than mine but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the gunk off. Also, mine has a few small bubbles with lint trapped under it and I can't get them without risk of damaging the screen protector.
As a whole I love the knew phone cover, but I wasn't thrilled with the screen protector. I'd give the experience a 4 out of 5 star rating.

And that, my friends, is what's great about Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment