Monday, April 18, 2011

spring...

The things I look forward to this spring.


  1. Gardening - Last year I couldn't do much because of our move. This year It is on. This weekend Paul built me a garden area and it is huge. Today I bought some seeds to start in small containers. Next I will be ordering some veggie plants (to speed up the process). 
  2. Hanging clothes outside to dry - I just read that you can save up to $1.75/load if you use the cold cycle to wash your clothes and hang your clothes outside. At an average of 7 loads a week that adds up quickly. We've been washing our clothes in cold water for years now (we don't use special detergent either and everything comes clean), but hanging things out to dry is new as of this past summer. 
  3. Teaching my daughter to ride a bike - Okay I lied, I'm not looking forward to that. It's going to be a challenge but I want to do it. I do look forward to the time spent in the sunshine. 
  4. Warm Sunshine - no comment needed. 
  5. Grilled food - I love the smell of grilled food. I love the smell of burning charcoal. I love the taste of grilled food. I love the taste of char... he he just kidding. 
  6. BURGERS - okay I know, burgers are grilled. We generally don't eat burgers in the winter and I have a special love for burgers. If Paul made me burgers everyday of the week I'd be in heaven. Maybe I should buy him a burger cook book. 
  7. The end of the school year - School is a lot of work, for both kids and parents. I look forward to the much needed break. 

1 comment:

  1. Me too, bring on the sun and warm weather! My Mom used to hang up our clothes outside during warm months and they smelled so good! Be careful with leaving colors out for too long, the sun can bleach them!
    Ditto on the grilled food and burgers. I'm in love with this awesome chipotle lime sauce I found at the store and have made amazing burgers with it. We sometimes grill year round...hubby will take any excuse to grill and I like the break from cooking!

    ReplyDelete