Friday, December 9, 2011

A quick rant.

Tiss the season... ...for sick kiddies. Do you know what's on the rise aside from flu? Pertussis. Do you know what your child can get immunized from beside the flu? Pertussis. Do you know what can't happen if you get immunized? Autism. Can you still get sick? Sure, but the chances are far less likely. Two years ago a friend of mine's daughter nearly died from the flu. She was three years old. A perfectly healthy little girl. She got sick. It got bad. She spent a week in a coma. She's fine now, but she's one of the lucky ones. There are two many kids who aren't so lucky. I do need to say that this friend was not an anti-vaccine person. She didn't put her child in harms way. It just happened. What makes me mad is people who willing do put their kids in harms way. They choose not to vaccinate. Which keeps diseases that should be eradicated around. What makes me angrier is that not only are they putting thierry own kids at risk but they are also putting all those they come in contact with at risk as well. I don't get all the science behind the argument. And quite frankly I don't care. I realize that some people can't get vaccinated because of some other medical issue. I don't blame them, in fact, I feel bad that they are out in such a difficult position. What burns me up are people who champion to stop vaccines from being mandated. People who believe vaccines are the cause of autism. People who are willing to put their kids at risk of serious illness for no good reason. I just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. I get my kids vaccinated, except for the flu. The flu vaccine only protects for about 20 some forms of the virus, there are over 100 forms of it. I'm pro-vaccine, but I do understand why some parents don't vaccinate. We NEED safer vaccines. They have a lot of risks. Before my kid's doctor vaccinates I need to sign off saying I understand the risks: heart attack, brain damage, severe allergic reaction and even death. My brother had a severe reaction to the Hep B vaccine. He was only a few weeks old and could have died. That was eye opening.

    ReplyDelete