Monday, May 30, 2011

a proud moment.

There are moments in a parents life that you look forward to. As a Catholic mom watching my kids receive the sacraments is one of those moments. Better than most firsts is the First Communion. Here is my now 8 year old girl in a dress made from the fabric of my wedding dress on a wonderful day receiving Communion for the first time. 



There's not much else to say except that it was a wonderful day. Catherine had prepared well and was all to excited to finally be able to receive communion. My mom did an amazing job on her dress. I still have to get professional pictures done (I'm hoping to once school is out and my schedule is freer).
The weather in the morning was sunny and warm, unfortunately it rained in the afternoon when we had her party.
All in all it was a wonderful day. I'll be back here in two more years preparing my son for the same great joy. 

1 comment:

  1. How special that her dress was made from your wedding dress! I saved mine and have a ton of leftover fabric. My Mom made mine out of two separate dresses. I'm hoping to make our children's baptismal gown from my wedding dress, but I like the communion dress idea!

    -Ania

    ReplyDelete