Monday, July 11, 2011

july garden.

Remember when I was talking albout gardening. I put up a few pics of my piles of dirt. Well here we are. It's July. The soil I ordered was horrible. It's the weediest soil I've ever worked with. Two layers of weed block and I've been weeding since day one. It's also very clay like and clumpy. Not smooth at all. But my plants are still thriving. I had some issues with starting from seeds but that was due to weather not the soil. The seeds would spring up and and die in the heat of June. It was a hot hot month.

Above is the long box filled with celery, watermellon, peppers and tomatoes.
Above is a tomato plant growing taller than the cages. This might be the tallest I have ever seen them grow.
Tomatoes ripening up only a few more days. These plum tomatoes are wonderful. They are coming off the plant crisp and tasty. Soon I will be canning like a mad women. I'd say right after vacation it will be canning time.

Watermellon, a week ago this was the size of a grape today it's the size of a baseball. I didn't know they grew so fast.

This last photo is my small box. We had lettuce but it tasted horrible so I ripped it out. Strawberries are growing nicely though they haven't sent out too many suckers yet. In the back is the cucumber. I have two picklers and one slicer. I'm not sure how I will keep them apart now that they are climbing all over each other. Oh and in the middle there is a sprig of basil. Yummy Yummy
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment