Friday, September 16, 2011

The thing about Josh.

Joshua is five. He is the younger of my twins (by 1 whole minute). Does this matter? The doctor thought it did. He litterally ifted his hands up on and watched the clock tic off a minute before he pulled Joshua out.

Joshua for a long time was my smallest child. He was born at 4lbs and change. Definitely the runt of the litter. :) Being small has never really slowed him down. If anything it gave him the perfect cover. Josh, from the time he was a small baby has always been my independent one. He thrives best when you leave him alone.

The irony to this is that he is also my space-cadet. This boy can get lost standing next to you. The poor kid comes by it honestly though. He doesn't mean for things to happen they just do.

Today marks the end of the 3rd weeknof school. In this time my darling boy has:

  • lost track of a sweatshirt
  • thrown away a Tupperware container
  • put an open gogurt tube back in his lunch box
  • put all of his lunch trash in his lunch box, rather than throw it away at school. This included and open applesauce, juice box and trail mix crumbs.
  • left his library book in his desk for two days

The thing about Josh is that he's a little bit forgetful. A little bit exasperating. And a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love kids like that. I've taught way worse...there was this little girl that we literally had to keep her books, lunch, etc. for her because of all the mishaps she would have :0 He reminds me of my younger brother (also the littler twin), he's in 4th grade. Very smart, but he has a hard time keeping organized. The older twin struggles academically a little, but has great organization. All so interesting :)

    ReplyDelete