Wednesday, November 30, 2011

100 posts

It turns out this is my 100th post.
Don't have much to say really. It's the beginning of Advent. That always makes me happy. I love preparing for Christmas.
Actually, this is the first year that we are not set up right after Thanksgiving. Hopefully by the end of the week we will be. Why didn't we get it done? DISNEY!!!
We surprised our kids with a trip to Disney. It was my first experience on a plane as well as the kids. It was the kids first Disney trip and mine as well. (okay so I went when I was 3 but I don't remember any of it so it doesn't count).

Things from that trip:

  • you can see some of our adventure on our trip blog
  • I am so glad we waited until the kids were older
  • I will never go with a baby or toddler. It may be a kid friendly place but never never never would I want that hassle. 
  • My kids are fantastic travelers
  • I am not
  • Disney is all it's hyped up to be
I know I don't blog much. I keep saying I'll do more and then I never do. I wanted to post some pictures. But I'm not a huge picture person. I love playing with my camera. I want a fancier one. But I want to enjoy my photos and keep them to myself. I'm not a huge fan of photo blogs. For me pictures are to trap memories. I like the shots that capture moments in time. I don't like posed shots. I don't like looking at 100 pictures that all feel the same. With my big camera I took almost 800 pictures at Disney. Most of them didn't come out the way I wanted. But a lot of them caught some great moments. I tend to hold the shutter down and snap 3-5 pics at a time. It creates a really neat affect sometimes. 

ANYWAY, the tumblr has some pics and maybe in a few days we'll add some more. Right now we are prepping for Christmas. It's a time for shopping, crafting, baking and so much more. 

Catch you later


2 comments:

  1. disney is very fun. looks like you all had a great time. we went over easter one year ago. we drove. it was rough with the boys (andrew was only 6 mos), but we made it and once we did we had fun. what did you think of spending a holiday in disney? that was the one aspect (other than driving) that i wish i could have changed about the trip. do you have "burst" mode on your camera? it's a symbol that looks like a stack of pages. anyway if you click that it will shoot pics continuously "burst." makes fun action shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's what I've been doing. The burst mode. I love it, I feel it captures great movement with kids.
    I wouldn't want to be there for a Church Holiday. But for thanksgiving I really enjoyed it. I'm not a big thanksgiving person. I do like that it's a family holiday and that's just what we did spend time with family.
    But if it was a church holiday that would be harder. To have to get to a church and fight the over commercialization of the holiday would not be fun for me. I don't mind the commercial parts of Christmas/Easter but I do like to control it to the extent that I can.
    I also wouldn't want to drive down to Disney but I can see why you would have to to save money. Driving that distance with small kids is not easy that's for sure. Mine are old enough that they could handle it but I wouldn't want to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete