Thursday, December 17, 2009

Confession and The Cold


I went to Confession today. When I go I really should pack layers. See When I am cold I wear layers. Lot's of layers. And It's wintery so it's cold. Really cold.

When I get nervous one of two things will happen. 1. I get hot and sweaty. 2. I get sick.
I always get nervous before confession. I don't know why I just do. So todays nerves showed in the hot and sweaty variety. This is fairly typical.

If I could I'd prefer to show up in shorts and a tank top. I'm that hot and sweaty. I'd like to have a bag of clothes at my feet.
The thing is once I get started I start to cool off. So I'll add the long pants. Drop a few more sins and the palms stop sweating. Add the long sleeve tee. Go through the council add socks and boots. Pray my Act of Contrition I can put on the vest. Receive Absolution. On come the hat, scarf, gloves, coat. I'm freezing cold again.

No comments:

Post a Comment