Wednesday, August 17, 2011

9 years today.

I said "I do" 9 years ago today.

10 years ago (not to the day), I said yes to the most important question ever asked me.

I believe that marriage is a calling, in the Church we call that a Vocation. God called me to the vocation of Marriage.

My pathway to Heaven is through Marriage.

He sent me my husband, and when the time was right to full-fill God's plan for us to marry it happened.

We said yes.

And in the last nine years we said yes again and again.

Four times we said yes when we found out we were pregnant.

One time we said yes when we held each other through a miscarriage.

Many times we said yes when we celebrated life's big accomplishments. Buying/Selling houses, buying cars, getting jobs, getting promotions...

Many times we said yes when we sought each others arms during times of hardship. Through deaths of loved ones, day-to-day financial struggles, fear of uncertain futures...

We've said yes on our most difficult days.

We've said yes on our best days.

God promises us that if we have faith we will never be alone. I have never been alone. During the last 9 years I have had the best company. I see God's promise fulfilled in my Husband.

When the days are long and tiring I know that at the end of it Paul is there. I know that he will always be there whether I need him or not. That is the promise he made to me 9 years ago. Likewise, I will always be there for him whether he needs me or not. That is the promise I made to him. We will never break that promise. Never.

I know there are days were I have driven Paul crazy. I have made him angry. I may have even hurt him. But he is always there. He has driven me crazy. Made me angry. May have even hurt me. But I am not going anywhere. Every challenge we work through makes our bond stronger. Every triumph we celebrate brings us closer still.

I give Praise and Thanksgiving that God has called me to Marriage. I thank God for giving me Paul as a husband.

Paul has made me stronger over the years. He has made me more confident, as a wife and mother. There is no one I'd rather be with.

I love what we have said yes to. I love what we have been called to. And I can't wait to see what the next 9 years bring. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! It's only been 2 years for us. Like you, there have been times of no effort and times of hardship, but we love it! Blessings for many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary! i think love grows the more years you spend together, especially through the hard times. i'm sorry to hear you had a miscarriage. i hope you're blessed with many more years together!

    ReplyDelete