Tuesday, August 9, 2011

fast updates.

Well it's August. There's truth in the saying "Time flies when you're having fun."

July
We had Catherine evaluated by the Orthodontist. Molds were made, pictures taken and the prognosis is in.
The girl has a tiny mouth and will need lots of metal to make it bigger and her teeth straiter. In my opinion her mouth is plenty big, but from an oral hygiene perspective not so much. In preparation for hardware installation she had to have two teeth removed. So off the oral surgeon we went and 30 mins later she had two less teeth in her mouth.
And like a good mother, I took her the day before we left for vacation. And because I love her so much I took a picture of her mouth full of gauze, and laughed hysterically at her drug induced state. The rest of her orthodontics will take place in the next few weeks. Should be lots of fun.

In the meantime, July flew past us in a daze. We celebrated Paul's birthday. We went to the beach for the 4th of July weekend (though the actual 4th was spent at home). My garden has grown out of control. Everything is growing bigger than I expected and faster than I can keep up with.

The end of July brought us to our family Vacation. This was our third trip down to Myrtle Beach, SC and once again we had a blast. We've been going every-other-year and this year might have been the best yet. Our drive was good (though I can't say that driving through VA has ever been easy), the kids are champs at fast pit-stops. We left the house at 5am and were on the beach by 7pm.

Vacation week was spent between the beach and pools. The kids love the swimming and splashing in the waves. They are finally big enough to do a lot of it on their own. We only pulled out swimmies for one day. The biggest pool has a large 3ft section which meant all of our kids could touch bottom. 3 out of 4 of the kids discovered they love being underwater. And they all learned to cannon ball into the pool. All in all the week was great. I look forward to going back again.

July gives way to August and I can't believe it's already the second week. The kids go back to school in just two and half weeks. I've done the uniform shopping now it's time to do the supply shopping. It's all so exciting and overwhelming at the same time. This year is a big one. All four kids are going to school this year. I can't believe this day is finally here.

In the meantime I'm still hunting for work. I've sent my resume out several times to no avail. I'm praying something comes up soon. So while I continue my job search I will spend my time on crafting and house work (all fun stuff right?).

I'm hoping to get our dining room project done soon. When it is I will post a picture or two.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good summer! I can't believe it's almost time for school to start again :( Do you do a lot of cooking/canning with what you grow? How has that worked? I for sure want to plant some vegs next year.

    ReplyDelete