Thursday, November 4, 2010

waiting.

Right now I am waiting for Stephen to get off the bus. This will be the second time he is riding the bus home without his big sister.
I am not usually a worrier. I don't even miss my kids when they are gone. BUT... he is only five and he's a little forgetful sometimes, so riding a big 'ol school bus all by himself is kind of a big deal.
Clearly I am not that concerned because I am still not going to stand in the rain to catch him at is stop. Nope, I am here in the comfort of my house. Waiting for him to come through the garage door. Oh stop freaking out and thinking horrible things about me. The bus drops him off right in front of the house. All he has to do is cross the street and walk up the driveway. He's a big boy he can do it. ;)

I'm also waiting for my house to clean itself. But it won't.

This week I have been sick. I am coming to terms with a serious issue with greasy foods. It turns out I have virtually no tolerance for greasy food. I eat them and then I get very sick. That was my Sunday night into Monday Morning.
By the afternoon I felt better. I did some light cleaning and went on with my day.
Monday night came and I felt the first signs of a cold. Tuesday I woke up and knew I was in trouble.
I got hit up with heavy congestion and some lovely body aches to boot. Tuesday the twins and I ran some morning errands, which included a trip to CVS. I stocked up on some meds and made my way home.

This week I took on some of the dinner responsibilities, which means I set up the crock-pot. I did that both for Monday and Tuesday. By Tuesday afternoon I got in my customary load of laundry, did the daily dishes, and that was it.

Wednesday came and still not much better. I switched from the Nyquill family of products over to sudafed. The body aches disappeared and by afternoon I felt a little bit more functional. So on top of my daily load of laundry and dishes, I swept the kitchen floor, and put some things away that have been lying around the house.

Today is Thursday. I am clearly on the mend but not totally better yet. I can now take off body aches as a symptom and add sinus headache that makes you want to cry like a baby when you bend over to pick something up.

My poor gross bathrooms will have to wait one more day for much needed attention. But at least my floors are swept and most of my counters are cleaned.

What I am thankful for is David and Joshua who have been awesome this week. They are stuck with me and my crabby sickies, and they are right now downstairs playing nicely.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm working with Zicam and would like to share with you a coupon for $2 off Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief Nasal Gel. Visit http://bit.ly/aZLzSy for the coupon. :)

    ReplyDelete