Thursday, October 21, 2010

My latest creation.

Last year my sister in law announced the pending birth of my first nephew. We were all so excited to have another baby join our family. And I was even more excited to finally be an Aunt.
I decided to do something special for Nathan and I set out to make a blanket for him. It went surprisingly well and I really enjoyed the project.
Before you get all impressed know that I ended up finding a quilting kit at AC Moore. It made everything so simple. When I was done it wasn't perfect but it was something personally to give to my sister for the baby.
I went on to make two more blankets for my dear friend who was due with twins.
The first blanket I made was a bold mix of bright greens and yellows. For my second set I did a traditional baby pink and baby blue.
Well now I have two more cousins due with babies right around the same time. Yesterday I completed the blanket for the girl.

Here's the first row complete.




Here is the completed project.



This time I added batting to it to make it thicker and warmer. I also added edging and the quilting stitch. The kits directions are so basic, but as I do more of them I get better and feel more confident in my abilities. 

I can't wait to get started on the next one.

Like it?

2 comments: