Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My little bookworm.

I saw an article the other day about the rising number of young bloggers and how they can impact readers, and how it gives them a head start in understanding technology and the workings of the internet. I thought about my 7 year old, what would she write about if I let her blog?
I think I am going to let her try it. She reads. A lot. Sometimes a book a day sometimes even more than that.
My mom, who is a librarian, got her a book journal. In this journal she can mark the book she has read who wrote it, and she gets to rate the book. I am going to have her translate this into a paragraph or two and post it in a blog.
In a few days I will update with a link to her blog. It will be under my control until she is old enough to maintain it herself. For now it will be fairly public (but anonymous in that her name and no pictures will be on it), but as I relinquish control then it will become far more private (readers will be required to register and seek permission to gain access).

Stay tuned for words from my little bookworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment