Wednesday, December 15, 2010

cheer up.

hey everybody have you heard? Christmas is 10 days away.

The world around me couldn't be more miserable. I sign onto FB and it's one complaint after another.

Come one have some fun. And if your feeling sick (which many people are), go to bed. Stop trying to tough it out. Get the rest you need and get better. I'll pray that you do.

See the potential for joy all around. The decorated houses. A lit Christmas tree. Don't have one of those yet? no worries, go visit someone who does.

Not finished your shopping? so what. You'll get it done when you can.

I mean really if these are your biggest complaints then you are doing just fine. Don't sweat the small stuff. Seriously!

I suppose really ya'll should just take a look inward and maybe realize how self-absorbed the constant complaining sounds. (did that sound harsh?)

It's one thing to vent on occasion, but this constant woe-is-me behavior has got to stop. Life is good if you only let it be.

I make a conscious effort to not complain and I'll tell you what it feels good. Sometimes I'm at loss for a good tweet because I want to complain. Then I realize it's okay to go silent. My ten followers most likely won't notice. When I do complain I try to think of something positive. Something that I am grateful for. It makes a difference. Really.

Well that's it for now. I have to go. Paul is late coming home from work. The kids are all beading*. And I have to start cleaning and prepping for dinner.



*beading= perler beads an inexpensive art project for the kids, we have buckets of beads and the kids love to spend hours working on project. Tiny beads go onto peg boards, when the peg boards are filled you use a special paper and iron them. I'm telling you this gives them hours of entertainment. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a right jolly old elf! And, my belly shakes when I laugh like a bowl full of jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your so right! i've actually un-friended a few people this year bc their status were constant complains. couldn't deal with it.

    ReplyDelete