Tuesday, December 28, 2010

funny story.

We are at my parents house and all of the gifts have been opened. I am sitting on the couch and I see a garmin. I ask my sister who got it, and she tells me it hers. And I say to her that I have always wanted one and maybe next year I can get one.
Meanwhile my dad hears the exchange, and looks at me with confusion, and says: You didn't get yours?
He then takes off behind the tree and hands me a small wrapped box and explains that he forgot to give it to me earlier.
Oops guess he forgot.
It was another funny and typical moment at my family Christmas.

And by the way. I am really excited to finally have a Garmin, I have been wanting one for so long.


UPDATE:
Funny Story Part 2
Two days after Christmas Paul and I realized that Stephen forgot to give everybody his gifts. When I helped him wrap things he insisted on hiding things in his room. All of the other kids gifts were in bags in my room. On Christmas Eve we got home so late that I didn't remember that he had gifts hidden. We emptied our room of all the gifts and put them under the tree. The chaos of Christmas morning we didn't even notice that we didn't hand anything out that was from him.
So two days after Christmas we got one more handful of gifts.
Love it!

2 comments:

  1. once you have one you can't live without it! we got one on sale last year after christmas. my favorite is being somewhere and being able to type in "target" or where ever and have the nearest 100 brought up on the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty cool. I have only needed it once. But I have been using it just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete