Tuesday, December 14, 2010

little triumph.

My daughter is receiving the Sacrament of First Penance tonight. I find this to be a tremendous accomplishment on our part.
The day my daughter was born I looked at her tiny little body snuggled against mine, and I could have seen this moment. I was there in that moment basking in the wonder of the gift I had been given.
I pray that God sees that we took her this far. We took the first steps, we baptized her. We chose her Church. We are molding her into who we pray is what God intends for her. We are trying to make a Saint out of her.
Tonight is her next big step to Sainthood. She has to begin to confess her sins. One by one. Lay them out. Be forgiven. And do it all again for the rest of her life. She is being made ready for heaven and I am loving it.
I'm really hopeful that she can feel the grace that will pour out on her during this sacrament. I hope that she sees it for the beauty that it is. I pray that in the future she uses this sacrament to her advantage. That she takes the grace given and grows into the powerful saint I know she will be.
I didn't see this night when she was born. I couldn't see past that moment. But now I can look back to all that we have done and I can see how we got here and I am so grateful that we made it. I see where she is going and I am praying that she gets there gracefully.
Only a few more months and she will be receiving First Eucharist. It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment