Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 to 2011

In 2010 I have so much to be thankful for

  • We welcomed into the world my first Nephew
  • We sold our house (what a roller coaster ride at best, the showings, the cleaning to keep it show-worthy, the packing up and walking away from a place that we owned for almost 7 full years)
  • We bought a new house (the unpacking, the decorating, making plans for room make-overs)
  • My son started kindergarten
  • My daughter received first Penance. 
I have great joy to speak for for 2010. No major personal tragedies. We trucked through the year like champs. I did my best to be a positive person throughout the year. 
  • In 2010 we discovered how much pain can come with poison ivy
  • We discovered how awesome it is to have a big backyard
  • We hosted our first ever big party (labor day weekend)
  • I discovered the cost savings in hanging my clothes outside to dry
  • I discovered that aluminum clothes trees are a waste of money (twice)
  • Kids riding the bus is so much better than walking them to and from school.
  • Having to drive everywhere does have its draw-backs
  • Summer movie series is fun
  • The Philadelphia zoo is a great place to spend a day, and a one year membership is worth it. 
  • A trip to Hershey with my daughter taught me how much she loves to ride the rides. The higher the better. 
  • Stephen go his first bike, and we all learned to love the openness of our neighborhood and how easy it is to go for a ride. 
  • Decorating for Christmas is so much more fun when you have more space. 
  • We took our first family trip to Washington DC and discovered that our kids love the Metro and running around the museums. 
  • Catherine loves history
  • Stephen loves Star Wars and all things battle related
  • David is a master puzzle solver
  • Joshua has the mind of an engineer. 
I can't wait for a new year to bring on new adventures.
  • in 2011 we will make our first ever trip to Disney (this includes a first plane ride)
  • Catherine will receive First Holy Communion
  • I will be applying to go back to work
  • David and Joshua will enter Kindergarten
  • I will build a new garden 
  • maybe fulfill our kids dreams of one day going to Dorney Park (which is only five minutes from our house)
Life changes. It happens so fast sometimes you miss the changes. I love that this year is wrapping up. I love that I can say it was truly a good year. I am grateful that it was such a wonderful for year. I can't wait to begin another year and pray that it is as good as the last. 

1 comment:

  1. this was a great post! i want to do a few more posts summing up our year in different ways too.

    ReplyDelete